After no short period of waiting, the new Mac Pro has finally gone on sale today. All along it's promised to pack punch, and it might just prove to be your ultimate work station. But absolute power will cost you.
If you head on over to the Apple Store, you can configure the Mac Pro any way you want. If you choose to go the high-spec route, though, you'll be getting:
- 2.7GHz Intel Xeon E5 12-core with 30MB of L3 cache
- 64GB (4x16GB) of 1866MHz DDR3 ECC RAM
- 1TB PCIe-based flash storage
- Dual AMD FirePro D700 GPUs with 6GB of GDDR5 VRAM each
- Apple Thunderbolt Display (27-inch)
- Sharp 32" PN-K321 - 4K Ultra HD LED Monitor
All in, that'll set you back... wait, you might need to grab a chair for this. Sat down? Right. All in, that'll set you back $14,262.00.
Alternatively you could buy a car. Or several cars. Or maybe even a small island to call your own. Take off the monitors—let's assume you already have them—and it still costs a weighty $9,668.00. But it is so wonderfully, beautifully pretty, isn't it? You can order one, starting at $3,000, from the Apple Store now. [Apple]