This image was lost some time after publication, but you can still view it here.

We don't own pets here at Gizmodo HQ—our rights were revoked after that incident with Rickles the monkey—but this doggie bowl seems like a good way to keep your dog safe from his own bad habits.

Apparently, when a dog eats too fast, his stomach can distend with air until it's so big the dog goes into shock and dies. The syndrome is called Gastric Dilation/Volvulus (GDV) and by placing three rods in the bowl, a dog can't wolf down his food.

Available for $14.99.

Advertisement

Brake-Fast Doggie Bowl [via Strange New Products]