Brake-Fast Doggie Bowl

We don't own pets here at Gizmodo HQ—our rights were revoked after that incident with Rickles the monkey—but this doggie bowl seems like a good way to keep your dog safe from his own bad habits.

Apparently, when a dog eats too fast, his stomach can distend with air until it's so big the dog goes into shock and dies. The syndrome is called Gastric Dilation/Volvulus (GDV) and by placing three rods in the bowl, a dog can't wolf down his food.

Available for $14.99.

Brake-Fast Doggie Bowl [via Strange New Products]