This week at Lifehacker:
- How to install third-party RAM in your Mac (and save big $$$)
"...I saved over $300 by upgrading the RAM on my new Macbook Pro myself, a process requiring only a few minutes. Here's how."
- Download of the Day: myFairTunes6 (Windows)
"...losslessly strip your tunes of Apple's DRM..."
- How to filter Gmail image spam
"The latest email spammer tactic - an image attachment that contains text with a legit-looking subject and from address - is getting by a bunch of spam filters, including Gmail's..."
- Customize Firefox with userChrome.css
"I've disabled the Forward, Back and Stop buttons unless there's something to go back or forward to or stop, made the bookmarks toolbar multi-row to display all my 'marks, and included the bookmark keyword to the Add Bookmark dialog."
- What your old cell phone says about you
"Selling your old phone once you upgrade to a fancier model can be like handing over your diaries..."