Amazon is having a rebate fiesta with Canon gear. A wide variety of Canon lenses have rebates as low as $10 all the way up to $100 (if you buy multiple). They are also clearing out some high-end DSLR cameras. The 5D now has a $300 mail-in-rebate and the 30D has a $100 mail-in-rebate with double rebates if you buy more Canon stuff (like lenses with the cameras). Jump to get the low-down on all of the rebates and the linkage.
A very confusing move by Canon. Could this clear out mean some new bomb diggity hotness is coming sooner than expected? Or is Amazon and Canon toying with my heart (as always)?
Some examples of how you might redeem these rebates:
Purchase only this item:
1. EOS 5D 12.8MP digital SLR Find the item in the table below. Your rebate amount comes from the "BUY ONE" column, so you receive $300.
Purchase both of these items:
1. EOS 1Ds Mark II 16.7MP digital SLR
2. Canon EF 17-40mm f4L USM ultra wide-angle zoom lens Find the items in the table below. Your rebate amounts come from the "BUY 2 OR MORE" column, so you receive $0 for the camera body, though it qualifies you for a double rebate on the lens, and $90 for the lens—a total of $90.
Purchase these three items:
1. EOS 5D 12.8 MP digital SLR
2. Canon EF 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 IS USM standard zoom lens
3. Canon MR-14EX macro ring lite Find the items in the table below. Your rebate amounts come from the "BUY 2 OR MORE" column, so you receive $600 for the camera body, $40 for the zoom lens, and $30 for the photo printer—a total of $670.
Purchase these four items:
1. EOS 30D 8.2MP digital SLR
2. Canon EF 28mm f1.8 USM wide-angle lens
3. Canon Speedlite 580EX Flash
4. Canon 10 x 42 L image-stabilized waterproof binoculars Find the items in the table below. Your rebate amounts come from the "BUY 2 OR MORE" column for the camera item, and from the "BUY ONE" column for the binoculars, so you receive $200 for the EOS 30D, $40 for the wide-angle lens, $30 for the Speedlite, and $100 for the binoculars—a total of $370.