Whether we like it or not, TiVo receives second-by-second audience measurement data about what its users watch, and that was no exception during Sunday's Super Bowl. That's how the company came up with its top 10 list of commercials, as measured by the amount of trick play features (rewind, fast-forward, and pause of live television) used during each commercial.
So here they are, the Top 10 most viewed commercials by TiVo subscribers, complete with embedded video:
1. Bud Light: Language Course with Carlos Mencia
2. Bud Light: Rock Paper Scissors
3. FedEx: Don't Judge
4. Nationwide: Kevin Federline Rollin' VIP
5. Doritos Crash the Super Bowl
6. CareerBuilder: Office Jungle
7. Blockbuster: Mouse
8. Doritos Crash The Super Bowl: Checkout Girl
9. Chevrolet: Everybody Loves a Chevy
10. Schick: Quatro Science
Apparently the sample of 10,000 anonymous TiVo households didn't agree with our assessment of the best Super Bowl commercials. But the results did jibe with many of our enthusiastic commenters, obviously a stellar group with their fingers on the pulse of the Zeitgeist of the U.S. heartland. Or something.