Seo, the unfortunate 33-year-old Korean man who was said to have died when his cellphone exploded, was actually killed accidentally by Kwan, his coworker, not by the LG handset that was in his shirt pocket. Now, Kwan has been charged with manslaughter. After backing over Seo with a huge multi-ton excavator, Kwan saw Seo on the ground, bleeding with his clothes on fire. Panicked, he made up a story about the cellphone killing Seo. No so. Although the cellphone's battery caught fire after the accident, an autopsy showed bruises and fractures on Seo's chest, arms, back, and even one of his fingers, hardly the work of an exploding cellphone. In fact, cellphone batteries can catch on fire, but don't ignite with enough force to break bones. [Yahoo News and Newswire]
Kinja is in read-only mode. We are working to restore service.