- Podcaster app banned for being too iTunesy (offering podcasts), fanning the flames of the Apple's arbitrary and at times flippand approval process...
- ...which Joy of Tech skewers in this nice approval process flowchart.
- Copiercin, another jailbreak copy and paste solution, adds some elements of app interoperability by importing and exporting to notes, emails, and SMS.
- The Sonic Lighter is for when you need to light up your virtual cig (w/ nicotine patch added), and it can also light the fires of other nearby iPhones.
- Apple's Remote app got an update to include Genius support and a playlist editor.
- Clones of the game Breakout, which is the first game to hit any type of platform, always, are getting nasty cease and desist-like letters from the game's original developer.
- Private-I masquerades as something secret and fools thieves into emailing you your stolen phone's location when launched.
- And the developers of popular puzzle game Trism have supposedly made $250,000 since the game's release. Not bad.
This list is in no way definitive. If you've spotted a great app that hit the store this week, give us a heads up or, better yet, your firsthand impressions in the comments. And for even more apps: see our previous weekly roundups here, and check out our original iPhone App Review Marathon. Have a good weekend everybody.
Related: Gizmodo's Essential Iphone Apps