About 215 of Acer's ASG7200 and ASG7700 units were just recalled by the consumer product safety commission because their internal wiring could get "bent or stripped", causing them to overheat and create a "burn hazard."
Acer themselves reported two instances of this happening, which caused its components and case to melt. MELT. If this is you, hit up the CPSC site to get details on how you can get your unit repaired/exchanged for one that doesn't potentially destroy all your belongings. [CSPC via Engadget]