Two tidbits for HTC fans: first, the Touch Diamond will be hitting Verizon Wireless tomorrow, but at cost: $300 with a two-year contract. Yikes. T-Mobile, though, could be getting even more HTC love soon.
On the subject of the $300 Touch Diamond, that seems like quite a hefty price for a phone that's been around for quite some time now, although it's comparable to the $300 AT&T will hit you up for if you're going for the similar HTC Touch Pro (aka Vuze).
Moving on to the more forward looking (albeit unconfirmed) department, this spyshot of a T-Mobile inventory system seems to suggest that quite a few upcoming HTC phones are headed to T-Mo, many of which can be spotted in HTC's 2009 product lineup that leaked a while back. On the list is the Rhodium, which is expected to be the successor to the Touch Pro, but no codename for the HTC Magic—the G1 successor we've seen and loved.
Then again, the origin of this spycam shot is unclear, so this could be anything. For more code-name decoding head over to T-Mo News, the source of the leaked shot. Press release for VZW's HTC Touch Pro follows: [T-Mo News]
HTC TOUCH DIAMOND AVAILABLE ON NATION'S MOST RELIABLE WIRELESS NETWORK
HTC Smartphone Delivers Advanced Technology with a Stylish Design to Business Professionals
BASKING RIDGE, N.J., and BELLEVUE, Wash. – Verizon Wireless and HTC Corporation today announced that the HTC Touch Diamond™ will be available tomorrow through business sales channels and online at www.verizonwireless.com. The ideal productivity tool for busy professionals, the HTC Touch Diamond combines a fashionable mobile design with the added benefit of the nation's most reliable voice and data network for fast e-mail and Internet connectivity.
Available color: Black
· Brilliant 2.76-inch touch screen display for navigating Web pages on the built-in Opera browser
· 3.2 megapixel autofocus camera
· microSD™ card slot that can support up to 16 GB of memory for extra storage of pictures, videos and music
· Customers can choose either the familiar Windows Mobile® home screen or the intuitive HTC TouchFLO™ 3D user interface
· Supports the Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional platform and integrates seamlessly with Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Office applications
· Visual Voice Mail to help customers prioritize their messages
· VZ NavigatorSM-capable to provide customers with audible turn-by-turn directions to more than 15 million points of interest and get directions to any address in the U.S. and share the directions with others
· Mobile IM to stay connected to colleagues when away from the office
· The HTC Touch Diamond will be available for $299.99 after a $70 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement. Customers will receive the rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.
· VZ Navigator is available for $9.99 monthly access, and Visual Voice Mail is available for $2.99 monthly access. Other charges may apply when downloading or using applications.
· For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or visit www.verizonwireless.com. Business customers should call 1-800-VZW-4BIZ or contact their Verizon Wireless Business Sales Representatives.