Commenting on Gizmodo isn't hard, essentially it should be fun and enlightening. Some of our commenters have trouble understanding that and instead they choose to be dumb.
For the most part our commenters and their contributions to Giz are irreplaceable and add that extra level of insight. If you're posting good comments this message isn't directed at you, it's for that other guy.
We're talking about anyone who posts such overplayed dumb comments like "First", "Will It Blend", "Fanboys" and so on. Having good commenting etiquette isn't hard and to help you out here's a few simple tips:
Before you make a comment ask yourself:
- Has my comment been made before ?
- Is my comment dumb ?
- Does my comment add anything positive to the discussion ?
Don't have a Gizmodo comment account yet? Well here's how you get one:
1) Click the "Login" link on the top right of the page and doing so will show a drop down box for logging in. Click the "new user?" link and you'll be directed to our Registration page. Fill out the form by choosing a username, password and email for your eventual comment account.
2) Choose a post, click on it, and scroll to the bottom.
3) Fill in the comment.
4) Refresh the page to see if your comment shows up. If it hasn't within a day or two, try again with a better comment.
5) If you have any comment related issues or questions, feel free to send an email to email@example.com.
Note: Any commenters who feel the need to post stupid comments like "First" in this post will be immediately banned.