Hello, we're looking for another intern to work in both the San Francisco Bay Area and New York City. Here's what you need to know and what we want:
What You Need
• Gadget love and knowledge
• A decent laptop (one that can handle light video editing)
• An alarm clock, 'cause you'll be up eeeeeearly every morning
• Basic experience with HTML, Flickr, torrenting, Firefox, FTP-the internets, essentially
• For the NY position, an NYCish address (you need to be able to get to Manhattan in the morning with no problems), but for the SF position, as long as you're around the Bay Area is fine.
• Dedication-the job's fun, but it's definitely work
• Writing experience is a definite plus, but not 100% mandatory—but you should have a good command of the English language
• The ability to listen and follow instructions—basically, you're here to learn and build up your knowledge-base
What You'll Be Doing
• Spotting amazing stories
• Helping us pull together stories
• Supporting editors in the field doing live reporting, SWAT-team style
• Writing, eventually, if you're awesome
The pay is abysmal-you can get a fancy coffee or two a day, and not much else on the small stipend-but you'll get top-notch experience with the well-oiled blog machine that is Giz, learn lots of dirty jokes, and yes, get to play with cool gadgets you couldn't afford on your own. Send your resume-NO ATTACHMENTS, DEAR GOD, NO ATTACHMENTS-and tell us why you're the best person on earth, or at least in NY, to firstname.lastname@example.org, with NYC INTERN or SF INTERN (depending on which one you're applying for) in the subject line, otherwise we might miss it. Good luck!