I know Palm is fond of emulating Apple in certain respects, but why they're also copying the App Store's developer-hostility is beyond me. Jamie Zawinski's epic quest to get his free, open source applications into the App Catalog is maddening.
• It's a corporate policy all apps use a version number of less than 1.0.0
• Ten pages of legal documents to print out, sign and scan
• If an app is in the App Catalog, it can't be distributed anywhere else—a problem, because Zawinski's apps are open source and free
• Developers need a verified PayPal account to pay Palm $99 a year to distribute their apps
• A whole mess of reviews and re-reviews
• 27 emails and months later, the apps are still in limbo