At midnight tonight, Verizon will begin the process of pushing out an update for the Droid Eris. The process will be gradual and it may be up to a week before all customers receive the update. As with the Droid, you'll receive an alert and then need to accept a download.
Things affected by this update are:
• While on a call and the device is in screensaver mode, pressing the
End key now takes the device out of screensaver mode, and a second
press will end the call.
• On-call mute and speakerphone icon functionality is enhanced.
• Upgraded functionality after activation eliminates the delay users
were experiencing in receiving their first call.
• Device now switches effectively from 1x mode to 3G.
• Device no longer requires users to reselect a default email after
• Improved picture messaging functionality allows messages from LG
phones to be opened.
Let us know in the comments when you get the update and whether you see improvement.