Worker Dies From N-hexane Poisoning At Touchscreen Factory (That Also Makes Apple's Screens)

Wintek, who supplies touchscreen components to Apple for the iPhone and iPod touch, just got "exposed" for "hazardous work conditions." One of the most severe conditions? N-hexane poisoning, which the company illegally used instead of alcohol to clean screens.

In August of 2009, 49 people were treated for N-hexane poisoning, with one dead. The BoingBoing post says that the worker died this weekend, so it seems like Wintek continued to use N-hexane even after they were punished from last year. [China Tech News via BoingBoing]

Image credit