Instead of checking into pub after bar after pub, show your friends you're not just a boozehound on Foursquare, but quite the literary creature on GetGlue's free iPhone app, which lets you "check-in" to whatever media you're consuming.
This can be a book, film, TV show or even music-with the updates being shared across Twitter and Facebook (if necessary). Instead of earning badges, you can earn stickers for the amount of check-ins you make, with various partners such as Warner Bros, Random House, Universal Pictures, Wired and so on offering up rewards.
From the app developers: GetGlue is a social network for movies, tv shows, music, and books. Check-in and rate things to discover new favorites, see what your friends are into, get stickers, and win free stuff.
* Check-in to your favorite shows, movies, books, and more
* Earn points, hot stickers, & win free stuff
* See what your friends are currently watching, reading, or listening to
* Rate things you know and get awesome suggestions based on things you like
* Get filtered new releases and old favorites picked just for you
* Share the books, movies, shows, and music you like