The new iPod touch is almost like an iPhone 4, without the phone. Even thinner than the original, it has a Retina display, Apple A4 processor, gyroscope, and a digital camera, both on the back and for FaceTime.
The official presentation
Watch Steve Jobs on stage presenting the new iPod touch:
The main features
Here are the main features of the new iPod touch:
• It has the iPhone's Retina Display, a 3.5-inch IPS-based that has a razor-sharp 326ppi resolution. That's 960 x 640 pixels.
• It can record 720p high definition video and take photos with its back camera.
• It can FaceTime with other iPod touches and iPhone 4s, using its front camera.
• It runs at the same speed of the iPhone 4, using the same Apple A4 chip.
• It incorporates the same 3-axis gyroscope of the iPhone 4, which makes motion tracking more precise than just the accelerometer.
• It will have iOS 4.1 built-in.
• It has a built-in speaker and microphone.