Want to test out the brand spankin' new Redsn0w 0.9.7 Untethered Jailbreak for iOS 4.2.1 beta that just arrived this wintery weekend? Here's how:
After backing up all your important files, photos and videos, you'll need to make sure you're using items and software from this fine list, courtesy Redmond Pie:
- Phone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 4.2.1
- iPhone, iPad or iPod touch with SHSH blobs saved for iOS 4.2 Beta 3.
- Mac OS X
- Access to iOS 4.2 Beta 3 firmware file.
- If you rely on Ultrasn0w unlock, STAY AWAY from this version of Redsn0w.
- Currently limited to iPhone 4, iPad and iPod touch 4G only.
After understanding that this is indeed a beta program, with all the risks and problems expected of what that moniker entails, you'll need to follow the remainder of the instructions over at Redmond Pie. There are screen shots!
Once finished, you will have a nice jailbroken, untethered device running on the latest iOS 4.2.1 firmware. [Redmond Pie]