99.7% of the World's Population Hasn't Bought a Tablet

Here's something to ponder: According to an 88-page report about the future of tablets by RBC analyst Mike Abramsky, only 0.3% of this planet's inhabitants had tablets by the end of 2010. The other 99.7% didn't seem to care about purchasing one of those gadgets.

To put that in perspective, the chart above compares "the tiny smartphone and tablet user base (394 million worldwide) versus other markets—such as TV subscriptions (600 million), total PCs (1.3 billion), and mobile subscribers (5.1 billion)." [Business Insider]