Hi. We're looking for some amazing interns in New York and San Francisco, to start in January.
• You should want to be a journalist or reporter or writer or something of the sort when you grow up—experience at a newspaper or magazine is A++++, will buy again
• Like technology and the internet a lot
• Basic experience with HTML, Flickr, FTP, Facebook, Twitter—things that people do on the internet
• Dedication. It's like, intense here.
• A decent laptop
• Over 18
• Ability to commit at minimum 20 hours a week, with full time being the preference.
The stuff you'll be getting learned:
• Research and reporting: Learning how to pull together lots of different kinds of information from multiple sources for editors
• Spotting stories: Learning how to find and pitch stories from multiple sources and leads
• Other, um, things
Essentially, you'll be learning the basics of writing about technology and internet culture. And very probably playing with a lot of gadgets. Oh, there is a small stipend, too.
If you think that sounds like your an ideal internship, grasshopper, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "NY Intern" if you're applying for the New York internship, or "SF Intern" if you're applying for the San Francisco internship. Then, tell us a little bit about yourself and why you're perfect for the job, and paste your resume at the bottom of the email. (No attachments. Seriously. None.) The deadline is Jan. 20.
We really look forward to hearing from you.