In a horrifying real life cross between Happy Gilmore and a Bon Jovi song, a New Jersey man accidentally shot himself in the heart with a 4-inch nail while trying to un-jam a nail gun. Somehow, he survived.
52-year-old Dennis Hennis, whose parents were obviously jerks, shot himself in the chest with a nail gun that fires at 120 pounds per square inch. The nail punctured his right ventricle and sent him into cardiac arrest. His son, who was working with him at the time, called an ambulance, but the nail complicated performing CPR. Luckily, he made it to the hospital in time, and he's expected to make a full recovery.
There are a lot of dumb safety instructions in the world, but this seems as good a time as any to remind you that "Don't point high powered nail guns at your heart" is one of the good'uns. [Reuters via BoingBoing]