People, why do you hide weapons when you fly. You're just asking for trouble! And seriously, is there a need to wrap knives in foil and then hide it in a bottle of foot powder? Or put a knife inside lipstick? Here are the weapons the TSA found in the weirdest places.
People think they're slick or something:
- After alarming the walk through metal detector, a passenger at Richmond (RIC) was referred for a pat-down. During the pat-down, a knife with a 3" blade fell out of the man's pants leg. He admitted that he was intentionally trying to conceal the knife.
- Sword + Cane = Sword Cane. These seem to be a very common item and the majority of people who possess them had no idea there was a sword in their cane. Tip - if you have a second-hand cane, try pulling it apart. You might be surprised. The latest one was discovered at Akron (CAK).
- A pocketknife was found wrapped in foil and concealed inside a plastic bottle of foot powder at Detroit (DTW).
- A knife was discovered under the lining and under the frame of a carry-on bag at Philadelphia (PHL).
- A lipstick knife was discovered at Ft. Lauderdale (FLL).
- A credit card knife was discovered at Albuquerque (ABQ).
- An airport cleaning employee in Atlanta (ATL) discovered a loaded .38 caliber pistol in a flower pot in the public area. Apparently, somebody realized they had their firearm at the last minute and ditched it before going through security.