You kids and your fancy shutter glasses, your animated GIFs, your drugs and your binocular vision. For this week's Shooting Challenge, we're going old school. We're going red and blue, Biff's friend in Back to the Future, anaglyph 3D.
Take two photos. Post process them into an anaglyph (red and blue) 3-D image.
In the past, we've featured the wiggle method, along with good old cross-eyed stuff. But part of the fun of anaglyph is its inherent nostalgia. It's an interesting motif to play with as part of your topic. As for how you create these images, the internet is swimming with tutorials.
Additionally, for all of us who'll look at these photos next week, special points go to whomever finds the cheapest deal on mail order glasses in the comments!
Our lead shot is by flickr's 狐☯忠 ❂ Fidelis. I have no idea if it's good—a faked one-shotter—etc. I don't have glasses yet! Let it be a lesson to us all: Acquire glasses by next Wednesday, when the results will run.
0. No watermarks. They're so ugly.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken since this contest was announced (read more on that above).
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to email@example.com, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a 2560x1600 sized in email. I know that your photo may not fall into those exact high rez dimensions, so whatever native resolution you're using is fine.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, November 19th at 10AM Eastern to firstname.lastname@example.org with "3D" in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastname3D.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastname3DWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email along with a story of the shot in a few sentences. And don't skip this story part because it's often the most enjoyable part for us all beyond the shot itself!