Whether you love Zooey Deschanel's New Girl quirkfest, hate it, or have never even heard of it, I think we can all agree that it's much improved by swapping out the twee thirtysomething with a crass octogenarian.
No, seriously. I'd watch Old Girl in a heartbeat. And you would too.
The rest of this week's top comedy videos, including an Apple (fruit) review, a modern comedian, and Don Cheadle as Captain Planet can be found over at Splitsider.
Other highlights from the week in comedy:
- Maria Bamford released her new stand-up special, recorded in her living room with her parents as the only audience members.
- Comedy Central picked up Key & Peele for a third season, FX renewed Totally Biased with W. Kamau Bell and Brand X with Russell Brand for second seasons, and MTV canceled the US version of The Inbetweeners.
- Longtime Conan writer Brian McCann was hired as the head writer for Nikki Glaser and Sara Schaefer's upcoming MTV show.
- Anchorman John Beard will be back for Arrested Development season 4 and says the show's better than ever.
- Rob Huebel made a fake QVC weapon/cutlery infomercial that aired on Adult Swim at 4AM.
- America really did try to blow up the moon (in 1958) like that old Mr. Show sketch.
- Some guy made a Marc Maron action figure.
- Jon Hamm is gonna star in his very own comedy movie.
- Community fans will finally have their own convention, Communicon.
- Another stand-up got heckled by somebody and then found cocaine on them.
- We dissected the new chapters of R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet.
- We posted an original comedy piece, "Don't Even Think About It" by Alex Pearson.
- We watched a doc about America's first comedy club, Warm Beer Lousy Food.
- We looked back on the week's new comedy podcasts, with appearances by Mel Brooks, Judd Apatow, and the Wayans Brothers.
- We Follow Fridayed @JohnRoderick.