Did you hear? Google Maps is back in the App Store, which means we can finally officially pretend that whole Apple Maps disaster never happened. Still, there are a few things I'm going to miss about Apple's misguided trainwreck.
1. That time it revealed a secret military base in Taiwan.
2. How it forced Apple to suggest people use Bing with a straight face.
3. It was the straw that finally broke Scott Forstall's back. So long, leather-bound apps!
4. To be honest, I actually prefer the Eiffel Tower this way...
5. ...and Las Vegas.
7. Motorola somehow managed to make itself look bad when it tried to make fun of Apple.
8. It proved that literally anything can have fanboys.