Update 5:05 PM: It's since come to my attention that not only are these the official Unofficial Shoe of Gizmodo, but also like, half the staff has a pair. Today you'll pay less than any of us paid for our Bean Boots. [L.L. Bean]
Update 7:08 PM: It looks like this deal will expire at midnight tonight.
Eddard Stark, the world's worst weatherman, probably has some really nice boots. He certainly has a sweet sword, passed down for hundreds of years. Here in North America, the Bean Boots are the closest thing to a Stark heirloom you're going to find. L.L. Bean is from Maine, which is the Winterfell of the United States, and they've been making these boots essentially unchanged for 100 years. Plus, they come with a lifetime warranty. That warranty isn't a joke; I've had three different pairs of Bean Boots (I'm really hard on shoes) and every time they've been replaced by L.L. Bean, no questions asked. On the other side of durability, my mother's been wearing the same pair (labeled Maine Hunting Shoe) for 30 years.
Because L.L. Bean is vertically integrated (like Apple), you don't see great L.L. Bean discounts often—especially on their iconic, time-tested stuff. But today all of their Bean Boots are 30% off—a nifty discount, plus L.L. Bean will throw in an extra $10 gift card on top. Winter is coming, and it's bringing slush. [L.L. Bean]
Dealzmodo Note: Winter—and lean times—are forthcoming for the Dealzmodo linkdump as well. You'll notice that the number of deals is looking a little thin today (although there are great sales on Angry Birds for Android and iOS, LIVESTRONG sports earphones, and cult clothing brand A.P.C.)
That's for two reasons: first, if something isn't an actual deal, we don't post it. Second, we're in the lull between Black Friday sales and Boxing Day sales. People are price inelastic right now, because they're just trying to buy presents period, as opposed to looking for the best sales. Gadget deals will be back in force after Christmas, and Dealzmodo will continue to parse through for last minute gifts.
Dealzmodo always pays its debts. Hear me roar on Twitter. Follow @dealzmodo
Bean Boots for men in order of which ones I like the best. There are sales for women's boots, too.
• 10" Shearling-Lined Bean Boots ($125) | L.L. Bean | Normally $180
• 7" Bean Boots ($69) | L.L. Bean | Normally $100
• 10" Bean Boots ($77) | L.L. Bean | Normally $109
• 100-Year Anniversary Maine Hunting Shoe ($97) | L.L. Bean | Normally $140
• 8" Thinsulate-Lined Bean Boot ($83) | L. L. Bean | Normally $120 | I've had this pair of shoes, sure, they're warmer, but they also get stanky
• 8GB NFL Flash Drive ($10) | Best Buy via Dealzon | Originally $20 | The flash drive RG3 would use
• Otterbox Defender for iPhone 5 ($16.51) | Amazon via Brand Name Coupons | Originally $25
• T-Mobile $50 Montly 4G Sim Card ($23) | Ebay via Ebay | Originally $50
• 32GB Wi-Drive for Smartphone Storage ($50) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $75
• Scotch Thermal Laminator ($17) | Amazon | Originally $50
• $10 off $50 at Target ($40) | Target via Reddit | Originally $50 | Print coupon out
• 20% off Hasbro Toys | Hasbro via Reddit | Use coupon code XMAS2012, Nerf + other fun toys
If you're going to pick up an iPhone 5 on contract, hold off until Sunday. Wal-Mart will have a 16GB iPhone 5 for $127 with a 2-year contract. But the real frugal iPhone deal is an off-contract iPhone 4S for Virgin Wireless for $400 at Target.
Lance Armstrong's embarassing fall can be your gain. His LIVESTRONG branded earphones are $150 off, down to $30 fave.co/XmLXjY— dealzmodo (@dealzmodo) December 14, 2012
• Monster iSport LIVESTRONG Earphones ($30) | TigerDirect via Dealzon | Originally $100
• Good Old Games Daily Deals ($3.75) | Good Old Games via Reddit | Originally $8 | Sim City 2000, Ultima, indie RPGs
• Faster Than Light ($5) | Faster Than Light via Reddit | Originally $10
• Get Games 2 Games for $10 ($10) | Get Games via Reddit | Originally $60 | Borderlands, Empire Total War, Duke Nukem, more
• Crysis 2 PC Download ($10) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $20
• Grand Theft Auto IV for Xbox or PS3 ($10) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $20 | Xbox is $15, the price will go up
• FIFA 13 for Xbox ($40) | Amazon via Gamingaholic | Originally $60
WOW MOM — Pandaria's $30, Cataclysm is $10, and the freakin' WoW Battle Chest is $5 us.battle.net/en/int?r=blizz…— dealzmodo (@dealzmodo) December 14, 2012
An offer you can't refuse! The Godfather trilogy on Blu-ray for $20 fave.co/UXZ4u9— dealzmodo (@dealzmodo) December 14, 2012
Cult clothing brand A.P.C. is having a pretty big sale today. It's a fashion brand from France, but they make really nice stuff that usually rarely goes on sale. My favorite pick is an oxford-cloth white shirt. They also say that they've got some raw New Standard Petite jeans for $120, but it looks like they've sold out.
Dumb TV → Smart TV
• 15" Toshiba Satellite with 21:9 Widescreen + 32GB Hybrid SSD ($600) | Tiger Direct via Laptopaholic | Originally $1000
• 13" White Macbook Pro (2008?) ($440) | Newegg via Laptopaholic | Originally $700
You're not gonna find a sick tablet deal before Christmas. It's time for the frugal to just pony up for a Nexus 7.
• 27" 1080p Dell IPS Monitor ($300) | Newegg via Brand Name Coupons | Originally $400 | Use promo code EMCJHJF54
• 55" Samsung LED 1080p 240Hz HDTV + $300 Gift Card ($1097) | Dell via Dealzon | Originally $1099 | Standard price, but you get a $300 gift card which could buy a basic HTPC
• Startracker ($0) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $3
• Mini Motor Racing ($0) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $2
• Mega Man X ($1) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $5
• Bloons TD 5 ($1) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $3
• Super Hexagon ($1) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $3
• Roads of Rome HD ($0) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $4
• Roads of Rome ($0) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $3
• Angry Birds Star Wars HD ($1) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $3
• Bad Piggies HD ($1) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $3
• Angry Birds HD ($1) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $3
• Angry Birds Rio HD ($1) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $3
• Angry Birds Seasons HD ($1) | iTunes via Best App Sales | Originally $3
Give someone a hug today.
Do you make or sell cool gadgets and you have a hot deal you want to share with Gizmodo readers? Email me!