Everyone needs a pair of cheap, no-frills earbuds to kick around. Stick 'em in a drawer, or your glove compartment, or your daily bag and they'll save your butt when you need to listen to sound coming out of a 3.5mm jack. While there are a ton of super-cheap, under-$20 earbuds on the market, there aren't many that aspire to produce great sound. In this price range, RHA's MA-150 compares favorably to, say, Skullcandy buds, because RHA is an audio — not a fashion — company.
Although the MA-150 is a new product, there are already a few reviews, and for the most part they're good. The most thorough review was done by Jamie Lendino at PCMag, which awarded these buds their Editor's Choice for low-cost earphones. Matt Tinsley at TUAW was impressed, expressing, "Though they are budget earphones, no corners have been cut. These are minimalist earphones, but they don't feel cheap or tacky, just good value for money with fantastic sound quality." Roy Furchgott on the New Yok Times Gadgetwise Blog wrote, "the sound remains very good, although not quite as good as I recalled the MA350's as being," although he noted that in comparison to RHA's higher end earphones, they use lower quality materials.
These earbuds are usually $20, but RHA sent over the code GIZRHA25 which knocks it down to $15 a pair. Maybe it's a good time to stock up. [Amazon]
You! Yeah you! Follow @dealzmodo
• RHA MA-150 Earphones ($15) | Dealzmodo Exclusive with RHA | Originally $20 | Use coupon code GIZRHA25
• Cheap ATX Computer Case ($20) | Newegg via Reddit | Originally $35 | $15 MIR on page
• Logitech G400 Gaming Mouse ($30) | Newegg via Ben's Bargains | Originally $50 | Use coupon code EMCXTWS66
• Thermaltake Sports The Level 10 M Gaming Mouse ($83) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $100
• Thumb Paint Palette ($3) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $5
• Maverick BarbBFork Thermometer ($8) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $15
• Pushup Bars ($8.69) | Amazon via Ben's Bargains | Originally $20
• Inflatable Remote Control R2-D2 ($30) | Newegg via Ben's Bargains | Originally $50
• Wizards of the Coast Legend of Drizzt Board Game ($37) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $50
• ART Voice Channel Tube Mic Preamp ($300) | Musician's Friend | Originally $430
• Rochard ($2.51) | Steam via Reddit | Originally $10 | Works great on Mac too
• Easy Spidy Pre-Order ($6.79) | Green Man Gaming via Reddit | Originally $10 | Use coupon code GMG20-P4DLK-FKYRS
• Humble Bundle 7 ($7) | Humble Bundle | I bought it for Super Hexagon alone
• Wii Classic Controller ($15) | Walmart via Reddit | Originally $20
• Bioshock Predorder + Free Game + Game Credit ($60) | Gamers Gate via Reddit | Originally $60
• The Cave ($7) | Mac App Store via Reddit | Originally $15
Dumb TV → Smart TV
Forget about it.
• Lenovo IdeaPad U410 with GeForce 610, Ivy Bridge Core i7 ($729) | Lenovo via Dealzon | Originally $1000 | Use coupon code STPATRICKDRBSTR
There was one yesterday. I swear.