Red Bull has always tasted suspiciously like found bubble gum—whatever, you don't drink it for the taste, you drink it for the pulse-racing amounts of caffeine and B-Vitamins stored in each can. Until now, that is. Red Bull's just rolled out three new flavor editions of its energy drink and we've got to warn you, they're delicious. At least, compared to what you're used to.
What Is It?
Red Bull's trio of new flavors: Cranberry, Lime, and Blueberry.
Who's It For?
Drowsy people that need 80mg of artificially-flavored caffeine (or just a new way to cut the taste of cheap vodka).
Bold, strong, with just a subtle hint of American patriotism.
Every sip is like having an angry flying bull dive down your gullet to punch you in the balls with a fistful of energy. Flavor-wise, they're all surprisingly tasty.
The Best Part
I've now got 240 mg of caffeine pumping through my veins and I feel GREAT!
I've now got 240 mg of caffeine pumping through my veins and I can hear my pulse.
This Is Weird...
The bath water matches the tub. The Blue edition is the color of Dimetapp, Red looks like watered-down Mr. Pibb, and the Silver edition looks uncannily like Pepsi Clear.
- The silver edition (lime) hits the back of the palette with a distinct citrus flavor but isn't overly acidic or sharp—like drinking carbonated Gatorade. Very pleasant and refreshing.
- The Blue edition (blueberry) is very tasty as well—the blueberry taste is genuine without being overbearing and softens into a slightly minty finish. I'd drink this straight and prefer it over the original.
- The Red edition (cranberry) came on really strong with overtones of artificial plum and old leather—enough to make me recoil at first sip. But the initially intense flavor quickly mellowed into a cross of watermelon and strawberry. It's like two thirds of a Hotel Moscow (Red Bull, cranberry juice, and vodka) in a single can.
Should You Buy It?
Please refer to "The Best Part" if you're unsure.
Red Bull Editions Specs
• Can Size: 8.4 fl oz
• Flavors: Cranberry, Blueberry, Lime
• Calories: 100 per can
• Caffeine: 80 mg per can
• First Three Ingredients: Carbonated Water, Succrose, Glucose
• Price: The same as regular Red Bull