Earlier today I found out it's totally gauche to post more than two selfies in a month. But here's one loophole—if you're taking the photos with a self-timer, they're not selfies anymore, they're self-portraits. Bordering on art. Totally acceptable. Post as many as you want. But to take a really stellar self-portrait, you need a sturdy tripod.
This Gorillapod Focus seems like a great little tripod. It's a little more burly than the standard Gorillapod, so it can handle cameras as heavy as 11 pounds. That means your heavy glass works too. Right now from Best Buy it's $50, which is $40 less than anywhere else and $70 less than the list price. So cop it, and take as many photos of your face as your SD card can hold, but good luck getting your friends to like 'em. [Best Buy]
Really cool Tweets: Follow @dealzmodo
The Nest Thermostat Has Found Its New Normal
Last week we highlighted Amazon's Nest thermostat sale. After the post, it went back up to $200 for a short time, but now it has landed squarely at $180, and that's the new normal price for the first-gen Nest. The 2nd-Gen is still $250. [Amazon]
• Lego Star Wars Starfighter ($35) | Amazon via Brand Name Coupons | Originally $45
• Antec P280 Computer Case ($80) | Newegg via Edealinfo | Originally $110 | Use coupon code EMCXSXV27
• 3TB Iomega EZ NAS ($150) | Buy.com via Dealmac | Originally $200
• Nest Learning Thermostat 1st Gen ($179) | Amazon | Originally $200
• 24" Vizio All-In-One ($800) | Microsoft Store via Desktopaholic | Originally $1000
Since Thinkgeek shipping is a huge hidden cost, free ship over $25 is a pretty sweet deal. Use the code FIREFLOWER thinkgeek.com/free25shipping…— dealzmodo (@dealzmodo) April 2, 2013
• Bioshock + Bioshock 2 ($4) | Gamefly via Reddit | Originally $20 | Use coupon code GFDAPR20
• Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning ($20) | Amazon via Dealzon | Originally $40
• Boderlands 2 + XCOM: Enemy Unknown ($32) | Gamefly via Dealzon | Originally $60 | Use coupon code GFDAPR20
• Defiance ($45) | Green Man Gaming via Dealzon | Originally $60 | Use coupon code GMG25-S0FSG-R7Z9B, this game came out today
• Humble Bundle Weekly Sale | Humble Bundle via Reddit | THQ was broke now they're bankrupt
I copped two. Uniqlo oxfords for $20, limited sizes left uniqlo.com/us/store/goods…— dealzmodo (@dealzmodo) April 2, 2013
Dumb TV → Smart TV
No laptop "deals," but sure, there are laptops for sale.
No significant discounts.
• Panasonic Viera Polarized 3D Glsses ($7.61) | Amazon via Brand Name Coupons | Originally $16
• 26" Haier 720p HDTV ($156) | Best Buy via Fatwallet | Originally $200
• 46" Samsung 120Hz LED HDTV ($600) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $700
HTC just extended their HTC One trade-in promotion through April 4. If you've got your eyes on HTC's beastly aluminium beauty, you could get a $100 gift card for trading your old clunker of a phone in. Of course, there are tons of details and caveats, the foremost being you've got to actually buy an HTC One. Probably not the world's sickest deal, but if you know you want an HTC One it's worth looking into. [HTC]
• Rokinon 8mm Ultra Wide Fisheye for Canon and Sony ($280) | Buydig via Dealmac | Originally $350 | Use coupon code ROK70
• 50mm Canon f/1.4 Prime Lens ($300) | Ebay via Buydig via 9to5Toys | Originally $350
• Sony Alpha SLT A57 ($500) | Amazon via Fatwallet | Originally $700 | Giz review here
• Sony A99 + Battery Grip + Speedlight Flash ($2800) | Amazon via Photography Bay | Originally $3700
$330 is pretty much the lowest we've ever seen for the Canon T3 DSLR shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/sto…— dealzmodo (@dealzmodo) April 2, 2013
Two bucks off that Starbucks sugar bomb they call a caramel macchiato f.e.starbucks.com/i/52/163466415…— dealzmodo (@dealzmodo) April 2, 2013
Free is free and this two-month Sirius XM trial is free care.siriusxm.com/preownedvehicl…— dealzmodo (@dealzmodo) April 2, 2013
A note on Dealzmodo: We're professional shoppers. We wade through virtual mall after cyber storefront to figure out what's actually a bargain. Yes, we make money if you end up buying. That's capitalism, but we're absolutely looking out for your best interest. Read this if you want to know more.