Every week, I tell you what to do. And you obey because I type so powerfully. But just this once (OK, it's kind of an annual thing), we're going to change the rules. For this week's challenge, photograph anything.
Photograph anything you'd like. You know what? Even use Photoshop so long as there's an original image involved. Just create something amazing.
So, the problem is, when you can do anything, it's hard to decide on doing something. First, promise yourself that you'll submit something. That way, you'll have your own deadline to answer to. Then, if you find yourself stuck in indecision, go somewhere new with your camera. A new building, museum, or part of the city you've never seen. I can almost guarantee that you'll be inspired. But if all that doesn't work, just look through the Shooting Challenge archive to find an old challenge you'd wished you'd entered and do that.
Our lead image was taken by Gilliam Dela Torre, the winner of our Food As Art challenge. It's fantastically weird. Don't be afraid to be a little weird.
0. No watermarks. They're so ugly.
1. Submissions need to be your own.
2. Photos must be taken since this contest was announced.
3. Explain, briefly, the equipment, settings, technique and story behind shot.
4. Email submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, not me.
5. Include 970px wide image (200KB or less) AND a native resolution sized shot in email.
6. One submission per person.
7. Use the proper SUBJECT line in your email (more info on that below)
8. You agree to the Standard Contest Rules - though we DO accept non-US resident submissions.
9. If the image contains any material or elements that are not owned by you and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, and/or if any persons appear in the image, you are responsible for obtaining, prior to submission of the photograph, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the exhibition and use of the image in the manner set forth in these rules without additional compensation. If any person appearing in any image is under the age of majority in their state/province/territory of residence the signature of a parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
Send your best photo by Monday, April 22nd at 10AM Eastern to email@example.com with "Anything" in the subject line. Save your files as JPGs, and use a FirstnameLastnameAnything.jpg (970px wide) and FirstnameLastnameAnythingWallpaper.jpg (2560px wide) naming conventions. Include your shooting summary (camera, lens, ISO, etc) in the body of the email along with a story of the shot in a few sentences. And don't skip this story part because it's often the most enjoyable part for us all beyond the shot itself!