The iPad is not designed to be used with a keyboard. But that hasn't stopped moms, businesspeople, and tactile enthusiasts from using one anyway. If you know someone who likes their iPad big and bulky, don't try to convince them that the touchscreen is good enough. They've already made up their mind. What you can do is point them to a better iPad keyboard case. The least crappy QWERTY iPad case is Logitech's Ultrathin Keyboard Case.
If you're not going the separate Apple keyboard route, the Ultrathin is your best choice. The Wirecutter's Seamus Bellamy tried a bunch of cases, and like Logitech's Ultrathin the best. From the review:
What Logitech has produced here is a tool designed to fulfil its primary purpose - typing - with as few compromises and complications as possible, while at the same time providing a modicum of protection for the iPad. The balance is admirable, and in my opinion, optimal.
Amazon's selling the Logitech Ultrathin for $75 at the moment, which is $25 off the MSRP and $15 less than the next closest price. It works with the iPad 2, the third-generation iPad, and the most recent full size iPad. So if you must turn your tablet into an awkward netbook, today's a great day to do it. [Amazon]
No speculation, just dealz: Follow @dealzmodo
• Logitech Ultrathin iPad Keyboard Case ($75) | Amazon | Originally $100
A Camera With a Leica Lens for $290
Panasonic's Lumix cameras often feature glass made by the legendary German camera maker. The DMC-LX7K is a solid point and shoot camera, with a Leica lens and manual aperture ring, but a small sensor compared to CMOS cameras. That doesn't mean it can't take beautiful photos, and right now Amazon's selling it for $100 less than anywhere else. Here's the Gizmodo review. [Amazon]
• 32GB Class 10 Micro SD ($18) | Officemax via Ben's Bargains | Originally $25
• 1TB WD My Passport HD ($69) | Buydig.com via Ben's Bargains | Originally $90 | Use coupon code DIG10
• Logitech Ultrathin Keyboard Cover ($75) | Amazon via Reddit | Originally $100
• 2TB WD My Passport HD ($119) | Buydig.com via Ben's Bargains | Originally $150 | Use coupon code DIG10
Amazon put a whole bunch of Blu-rays on sale for $10. Fight Club, Kill Bill, other solid films.
• 2 Pair Eastbay Compression Shorts ($20) | Eastbay | Originally $40
Dumb TV → Smart TV
• Slingbox Solo TV Broadcaster ($85) | Tiger Direct via DealMac | Originally $105
• Apple TV ($89) | Rakuten via Edealinfo | Originally $100
• Slingbox Pro-HD ($125) | Woot via 9to5Toys | Originally $250
• Alienware X51 w/ Quad Core i5, Windows 7 ($739) | Dell via Edealinfo | Originally $850 | Use coupon code BXV1FC3ZFJ95DG
• 30% off Any Dell Financial Services Item | Dell via Ben's Bargains | Use coupon code D2B35DELL
• MiniSynth 2 ($0) | iTunes via Appshopper | Originally $1
• Star Hound ($0) | iTunes via Appshopper | Originally $1
• RushPlayer ($1) | iTunes via Appshopper | Originally $3
• Focus Time ($1) | iTunes via One Dollar Wednesday | Originally $5
A note on Dealzmodo: We're professional shoppers. We wade through virtual mall after cyber storefront to figure out what's actually a bargain. Yes, we make money if you end up buying. That's capitalism, but we're absolutely looking out for your best interest. Read this if you want to know more.