TSA screened 638,705,790 passengers in 2013, and as we learned last year, if you look deeply within the possessions of that many people, you're gonna find some weird stuff. Tons of weird stuff. Here's a rundown of the craziest objects TSA found in 2013.
- 1,813 firearms (1,477 loaded)
- Various containers holding "black powder"
- A WWII era inert bazooka round
- 136 inert/novelty/replica grenades
- 562 stun guns
- 3-ounce Can of CS Teargas
- So many knives
- A leaking can of hairspray that exploded into flames at the checkpoint
- A mace
- Human skull fragments
- So many cane swords
- Three blocks of C4
- A riot control grenade
- An 8-inch tactical spike
- So many throwing stars
Remember, behind those 1813 firearms are 1813 idiots who tried to get on a plane with a gun. TSA can be a pain, but thank god they kept all this stuff out of the air.