Human Resources Manager
About the Role
The Human Resources Manager position is for the Fusion Media Group Business Unit, Gizmodo Media based in New York City. It is a critical member of the Human Resources team, responsible for providing human resources expertise to employees and managers on all aspects of the employee life cycle.
What Will You Do Here?
This is a hands-on position requiring strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, influencing and problem-solving skills – in addition to comprehensive knowledge of HR best practices and employment-related laws.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Development and implementation of HR strategy and processes that drive employee engagement and support short and long term business goals
- New Hire onboarding
- Talent and performance management
- Employee relations, internal investigations and conflict management
- Training development
- Ensuring compliance with employment-related laws and company policies
- Management and administration of employee data
- Assist with employee communication and engagement initiatives.
- Provide advice on performance and conduct-related issues.
What Do You Bring To The Table?
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Must have experience working in a Union Environment
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources experience in a generalist capacity.
- Strong project management capabilities with attention to detail.
- Excellent time management, analytical, organizational and communication skills.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HRIS systems.
- Ability to quickly become a confident, credible resource for employees on all HR-related matters
- Ability to manage multiple deliverables and meet timelines and projected outcomes.
- Passion for employee engagement and problem-solving.
- Experience in media and digital organizations preferred.
Through impactful journalism and smart commentary, FUSION covers the stories that matter to the new, rising American mainstream. Our diverse team informs, provokes and entertains audiences everyday with fresh content across a range of platforms including cable television (channel listings), FUSION.net, various OTT providers and social media channels. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube. Gizmodo will be a part of the recently announced Fusion Media Group, a division of Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) that also includes The Root, The Onion, Flama and El Rey among other platforms and networks.