Strategy Manager - Video Operations
Fusion Media Group (FMG), a division of Univision Communications Inc. (UCI) that also includes Gizmodo Media Group, The Root, The Onion, and El Rey among other platforms and networks, is looking for a Manager of Strategy for Video Operations. This individual will manage a small team of Analysts to grow digital video and set and hit goals across the portfolio.
This will involve developing/refining and communicating/training/advising on best practices to the various Heads of Video around workflows, processes, templates, use of tools (including evaluating contracts and shared services), platforms, etc. related to video pitching, pre-production, post-production, publishing and distribution, and archiving. In addition, this team will conduct ongoing competitive analysis and create profiles and reports for the various verticals and work with video stakeholders at the local level to provide actionable insights tailored to their needs based on the unique content created (and space occupied) by the individual verticals/brands. Finally, they will identify and manage opportunities for video based partnerships and traffic swaps.
- 4+ years digital video experience
- 2+ years in a team lead/role with direct reports
- Deep understanding of and appreciation for popular and emerging platforms (content and analytics) including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram, Snap, OTT, SVOD, etc.
- Understanding of social/workflow/video tools such as Crowdtangle,Trello, Tubular Labs, etc.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities while staying cool and calm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate goals and build consensus
- Experience creating data-informed reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in interactive media, journalism, communications or equivalent experience
- Willingness to travel