Video, Creative Producer - Gizmodo
About the Role
Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), which is part of Univision's digital arm, Fusion Media Group, is seeking a Creative Producer (editor/animator) for its flagship website, Gizmodo.com.
The ideal candidate will be obsessive about technology, science, and geek culture, and has a passion for editing video content within these beats. Speed in a fast-paced digital blogging environment is essential.
- 2+ years experience in digital video production with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms
- Working closely with Producers and Senior Producer to create smart, creative video content that reflects the voice and journalism of the site.
- Editing a range of videos in Premiere Pro, including quick-turn and longer form. Candidate should have a mastery of Premiere, proficiency in After Effects, and skills in other video editing tools.
- Creating motion graphics/animations as needed under the guidance of the Video Art Director.
- Maintaining quality control for all outgoing edits, including graphics and audio mixes.
- Optimizing post-production workflows.
- Pitching stories regularly.
- Working collaboratively with Gizmodo’s talented bloggers to add video elements to stories in progress.
- Working collaboratively with other GMG sites (Jezebel, Deadspin, Jalopnik, Kotaku and Lifehacker)
- Ability to shoot is a plus, but not required.