Video, Creative Producer - Kotaku
About the Role
Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), which is part of Univision's digital arm, Fusion Media Group, is seeking a Creative Producer (editor/animator) for its gaming website, Kotaku.com.
The ideal candidate has a strong personality and knows how to cover gaming news and culture with speed, charm, and tenacity. You’ll produce a wide variety of content, whether it’s breaking news during a Nintendo Direct, explaining a new secret in Grand Theft Auto, or introducing people to under-the-radar games they might love. We’re looking for curious, charismatic video makers who know games and thrive under pressure. Speed in a fast-paced digital blogging environment is essential.
- 2+ years experience in digital video production with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms
- Working closely with Producers and Editor-in-Chief to make smart, creative video content that reflects the voice and journalism of the site.
- Editing a range of videos in Premiere Pro, including quick-turn and longer form. Candidate should have a mastery of Premiere, proficiency in After Effects, and skills in other video editing tools.
- Creating motion graphics/animations as needed under the guidance of the Video Art Director.
- Maintaining quality control for all outgoing edits, including graphics and audio mixes.
- Optimizing post-production workflows.
- Game streaming and capturing. Expertise with streaming and capture software is a must.
- Pitching stories regularly.
- Working collaboratively with Kotaku’s talented bloggers to add video elements to stories in progress.
- Working collaboratively with other GMG sites (Jezebel, Deadspin, Jalopnik, Gizmodo and Lifehacker)
- Ability to shoot is a plus, but not required.