Video, Creative Producer - Jezebel
About the Role
Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), which is part of Univision's digital arm, Fusion Media Group, is seeking a Creative Producer (editor/animator) for its women’s politics and culture site, Jezebel.com.
The ideal candidate will have a natural understanding of the news Jezebel covers and the audience it attracts, as well as an intuitive eye for news related to women and women’s issues in politics, pop culture, entertainment, celebrity and gossip, the fashion and beauty industries, science/health, and more. Speed as a video editor in a fast-paced digital blogging environment is essential, as is a passion for Jezebel content.
- 2+ years experience in digital video production with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms
- Working closely with Producers and Senior Producer to make smart, creative video content that reflects the voice and journalism of the site.
- Editing a range of videos in Premiere Pro, including quick-turn and longer form. Candidate should have a mastery of Premiere, proficiency in After Effects, and skills in other video editing tools.
- Creating motion graphics/animations as needed under the guidance of the Video Art Director.
- Maintaining quality control for all outgoing edits, including graphics and audio mixes.
- Optimizing post-production workflows.
- Pitching stories regularly.
- Working collaboratively with Jezebel’s talented bloggers to add video elements to stories in progress.
- Working collaboratively with other GMG sites (Gizmodo, Deadspin, Jalopnik, Kotaku and Lifehacker)
- Ability to shoot is a plus, but not required.