Video, Producer - Lifehacker
About the Role
Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), which is part of Univision's digital arm, Fusion Media Group, is seeking an experienced, dynamic and highly creative video producer for its productivity and lifestyle website, Lifehacker.com.
The ideal candidate will find creative ways to make videos on topics ranging from organizing desks to haggling the best price on a car. They should be curious about the best methods to keep produce fresh, travel light, and save money on household essentials; they should always know the best thing to buy, from phones to televisions to water bottles. Speed in a fast-paced digital blogging environment is essential.
- 2+ years experience in digital video production with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms
- Working closely with Lifehacker’s Editor-in-Chief to conceive, shoot and edit smart, creative video content that reflects the voice and journalism of the site.
- Independently shoot and edit (Premiere Pro) high-quality video, while also being able to work alongside crews or in pairs as needed.
- Pitching stories regularly.
- Working collaboratively with Lifehacker’s talented bloggers, most of them remote.
- Working collaboratively with other GMG sites (Jezebel, Deadspin, Jalopnik, Gizmodo and Kotaku).