Video, Creative Producer - Lifehacker
About the Role
Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), which is part of Univision's digital arm, Fusion Media Group, is seeking a Creative Producer (editor/animator) for its productivity and lifestyle website, Lifehacker.com.
The ideal candidate will find creative ways to make videos on topics ranging from organizing desks to haggling the best price on a car. They should be curious about the best methods to keep produce fresh, travel light, and save money on household essentials; they should always know the best thing to buy, from phones to televisions to water bottles. Speed as a video editor in a fast-paced digital blogging environment is essential, as is a passion for Lifehacker content.
- 2+ years experience in digital video production with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms
- Working closely with Producers and Editor-in-Chief to make smart, creative video content that reflects the voice and journalism of the site.
- Editing a range of videos in Premiere Pro, including quick-turn and longer form. Candidate should have a mastery of Premiere, proficiency in After Effects, and skills in other video editing tools.
- Creating motion graphics/animations as needed under the guidance of the Video Art Director.
- Maintaining quality control for all outgoing edits, including graphics and audio mixes.
- Optimizing post-production workflows.
- Pitching stories regularly.
- Working collaboratively with Lifehacker’s talented bloggers to add video elements to stories in progress.
- Working collaboratively with other GMG sites (Gizmodo, Deadspin, Jalopnik, Kotaku and Jezebel)
- Ability to shoot is a plus, but not required.