Video, Producer - Deadspin
About the Role
Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), which is part of Univision's digital arm, Fusion Media Group, is seeking an experienced, dynamic and highly creative video producer for its sports website, Deadspin.com.
The ideal candidate is a person with a deep knowledge of sports, a great sense of humor and the ability to translate both into a broad range of video stories. Knowledge of women’s sports, the business of sports or the science of sports is a huge plus. Speed in a fast-paced digital blogging environment is essential, as is enthusiasm for Deadspin content.
- 2+ years experience in digital video production with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms
- Working closely with Senior Producer and the Editor-in-Chief of Deadspin to make smart, creative video content that reflects the voice and journalism of the site.
- Independently shoot and edit (Premiere Pro) high-quality video, while also being able to work alongside crews or in pairs as needed.
- Pitching stories regularly.
- Working collaboratively with Deadspin’s talented bloggers to add video elements to stories in progress.
- Working collaboratively with other GMG sites (Jezebel, Jalopnik, Lifehacker, Gizmodo and Kotaku).