Pop Culture Reporter, Jezebel
About the Role
Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), which is part of Univision's digital arm, Fusion Media Group, is seeking an experienced reporter to cover pop culture for its women’s politics and culture site, Jezebel, which reaches some 15 million unique monthly readers globally. The ideal applicant will be capable of identifying and writing up several stories per day advancing or reacting to the news, but also of stepping back from daily blogging to report and write in-depth features on pop culture, largely for our culture subsite The Muse.
This is a position for a person who follows pop culture, in all of its forms, with obsession and purpose. They should be eager to pick up the phone and expand their source base, and comfortable writing about music, movies, television, and the people who make the entertainment industry work. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a willingness to take on ambitious assignments, powerful figures, and complicated stories. Strong writing skills, a clear and authoritative voice, a thick skin, and a sense of humor are all requisites.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have multiple years of experience reporting about pop culture for a newspaper, alt-weekly, or fast-paced online publication;
- Be capable of turning around around stories ranging from aggregated news blogs to investigative features at a quick pace;
- Be familiar with the Jezebel voice and audience;
- Be comfortable working across mediums, including video and podcasts;
- Have ideas about how to expand on Jezebel’s pop culture coverage;
- And be ready to work in an extremely collaborative environment