Social Media Editor
About the Role
Gizmodo Media Group is seeking a Social Media Editor to join a new social media and audience development team that will serve our eight sites. Besides having in-depth knowledge of current and emerging social platforms, ideal applicants should also have a familiarity with our sites, our platform and journalism in general. We’re looking for people who are self-sufficient, resourceful and have 1-3 years of social media experience in a news environment.
- Passion for social media and news
- Understanding of the GMG voices/brands
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Excellent work ethic
- BA or equivalent experience in journalism, publishing, media studies, English or related field
- Curating and framing stories for Facebook publication
- Publishing links and social video to Facebook and Twitter
- Teaching our edit staff best practices for social + working with our sites to ensure our journalism is distributed
- Original social content creation (i.e. social/breaking news coverage, live-tweeting news events, raw video production, quote cards, gif creation, Instagram posts/assignments, etc)
- Monitoring and participating in social conversations, recirculating relevant content on news pegs
- Working with video teams to pitch/produce/facilitate live streams
If you’re interested in this position, please apply below. Be sure to include which GMG sites you read the most in your very informal cover letter!