About the Company
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel and Jalopnik. As a part of Fusion Media Group (FMG) they join a collection of digital-first properties including The Onion, The AV Club, FUSION.net, The Root, and Clickhole to reach 70MM unique visitors a month — more than one third of all Americans.
About the Role
The Gizmodo Media Group Legal Department is looking for an assistant! We’d like to hire someone with a great interest in the work of the company, who is looking forward to being part of a diverse team, and is smart, motivated, and looking to learn about the media and/or legal world.
- Provide administrative support to two lawyers at a busy digital media company
- Effectively communicate with journalists, business staff, outside counsel
- Conduct documentary and on-line research
- Maintain extensive files
- Draft correspondence, including DMCA takedown letters
- Maintain Chron file for General Counsel
- Answer phone calls, take notes/messages and redirect calls when appropriate
- Maintain and update inventories of contact details
- Maintain GC’s calendar and schedule meetings, etc.
- Facilitate the meeting of deadlines by keeping multiple agendas and provide timely reminders
- Interest in media, law, or some combination
- Adept in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Familiarity with legal research, including Pacer, helpful but not required
- Outstanding organizational and time-management, and document processing skills (must love filing)
- Ability to multitask and being comfortable dealing with a diverse pool of people
- High Energy; congenial
We thrive on diversity of thought and welcome candidates of all backgrounds to offer unique perspective and skills!