About the Company
Gizmodo Media Group is the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel and Jalopnik. As a part of Fusion Media Group (FMG) they join a collection of digital-first properties including The Onion, The AV Club, FUSION.net, The Root, and Clickhole to reach 70MM unique visitors a month — more than one third of all Americans.
The Gizmodo Media Group is looking for a Recruiter! We’d like to hire someone with a great interest in the work of the company to manage the full-cycle recruitment process across multiple business units including Business, Editorial, Video, Technology, and Finance.
- Build relationships and partner with hiring teams in order to define core competencies for specific roles.
- Attract and source both active and passive candidates using a variety of techniques.
- Manage candidate relationship and the full-life cycle recruitment process: from screening, interviewing, to the offer process.
- Provide salary recommendations, negotiations and confirm departmental budgets for all offers
- Coordinate and schedule all interviews, phone screens, and video meetings with management
- Responsible for building relationships with historically diverse universities and communities
- 2-5 years of experience with high volume recruitment, preferably in the Media, Broadcast and/or Entertainment Industry
- Familiarity with an applicant tracking system
- Must have experience posting openings on job boards and social media sites
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Establishes recruiting requirements by studying organization plans and objectives; kickoff meetings with managers to discuss recruitment strategy
- Conduct regular follow-up with managers to determine the effectiveness of recruiting plans and candidate/interview process
- Develop a pool of qualified candidates and build networks to find qualified passive candidates