Managing Editor, Lifehacker
Lifehacker, Gizmodo Media Group's lifestyle site with 14 million monthly users, is looking for an experienced managing editor to run the day-to-day operations for the site.
The ideal applicant is an enthusiastic, organized editor and curious writer with experience managing an editorial calendar and monthly budget in a fast-paced digital environment. They should be a strong leader with excellent communication skills and a passion for helping people “live their best lives”—but less in an Oprah and more a MacGyver sort of way.
They can explain in a way that's entertaining and engaging stuff that might, in lesser hands, come off as boring.
As managing editor, you will:
- Be organized, detail-oriented, and a careful editor and copy editor
- Have strong opinions and a witty, conversational writing voice
- Be psyched to help the Lifehacker grow in scope, output and audience
- Manage schedules and deadlines for Lifehacker’s editorial, video and podcast endeavors
- Be an integral part of a small, fun, exciting team