Media Reporter (Fusion)
The Gizmodo Media Group (GMG) is seeking a sharp journalist to join the Fusion editorial staff in New York City. GMG is the wholly owned digital group of Univision, and the publisher of the web’s most original media brands, including Gizmodo, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Deadspin, Jezebel, Jalopnik, Fusion, and The Root. It is part of the larger Fusion Media Group network of sites, which also includes Univision.com, The Onion, The AV Club, and Clickhole, reaching ~90MM unique visitors a month.
We are seeking an experienced reporter to smartly cover the world of media, particularly digital, including emerging pioneers/personnel, brands and businesses.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to pitch and produce well-reported sharp stories about the US media business, with keen instincts for breaking news and creative storytelling
- Fast, impeccable news judgment and unwavering due diligence
- A working knowledge of the media business -- digital, television, print, advertising, platforms
- The capacity to work efficiently and independently
- A strong, fearless voice, thick skin, and commitment to accuracy.
- The desire to excel in a fast-paced multimedia environment