Creative Producer (Animation)
About the Role
Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), which is part of Univision's digital arm, Fusion Media Group, is seeking a Creative Producer (editor/animator) to support all Gizmodo Media Group sites, including Gizmodo, Jezebel, Deadspin, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Jalopnik, Fusion and The Root.
The ideal candidate has a broad range of areas of expertise, excellent production skills, and is passionate about our sites. Speed in a fast-paced digital blogging environment is essential.
- 2+ years experience in digital video production with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms
- Working closely with video leadership, producers and Editor-in-Chiefs to make smart, creative video content that reflects the voice and journalism of the sites.
- Creating and applying motion graphics/animations as needed under the guidance of the Video Art Director.
- Editing a range of videos in Premiere Pro, including quick-turn and longer form. Candidate should have a mastery of After Effects, proficiency in Premiere, and skills in other video editing tools.
- Conceptualizing animations from first to the last frame, and providing producers with visual ideas.
- Maintaining quality control for all outgoing edits, including graphics and audio mixes.
- Optimizing post-production workflows.
- Expertise with streaming and capture software is a plus.
- Pitching stories regularly.
- Working collaboratively with all our talented bloggers to add video elements to stories in progress.
- Ability to shoot is a plus, but not required.