Senior Producer, Deadspin
About the Role
Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), which is part of Univision's digital arm, Fusion Media Group, is seeking an experienced, dynamic leader to serve as the Senior Producer of its sports website, Deadspin.com.
The ideal candidate is a person with a deep knowledge of sports, a great sense of humor and the ability to translate both into a broad range of video stories. Knowledge of women’s sports, the business of sports or the science of sports is a huge plus.
This role requires a leader who can manage a site-specific video team while working within the growing video structure across Fusion Media Group. Speed in a fast-paced digital blogging environment is essential, as is a passion for Deadspin content. Applicants should have 4+ years of video leadership experience, a sharp editorial sensibility and expertise with video cameras and editing software.
- Working with video leadership and Deadspin’s Editor-in-Chief to execute targeted video growth strategies.
- Overseeing the development and execution of content that remains true to the voice of the site.
- Managing a growing team of talented producers and editors.
- Hiring and managing crews for special projects.
- Having a strong commitment, and proven track record, of hiring diverse talent.
- Working collaboratively with other GMG sites (Jezebel, Gizmodo, Jalopnik, Kotaku, Lifehacker, Fusion and The Root).