About the Role
Gizmodo Media Group (GMG), which is part of Univision's digital arm, Fusion Media Group, is seeking an experienced, dynamic and highly creative video producer for its gaming website, Kotaku.com.
The ideal candidate has a strong personality and knows how to cover gaming news and culture with speed, charm, and tenacity. You’ll produce a wide variety of content, whether it’s breaking news during a Nintendo Direct, explaining a new secret in Grand Theft Auto, or introducing people to under-the-radar games they might love. We’re looking for curious, charismatic video makers who know games and thrive under pressure. Speed in a fast-paced digital blogging environment is essential.
- 2+ years experience in digital video production with demonstrated results in creating widely shared videos on social media platforms.
- Working closely with Kotaku’s Editor-in-Chief to conceive, shoot and edit smart, creative video content that reflects the voice and journalism of the site.
- Independently shoot and edit (Premiere Pro) high-quality video, while also being able to work alongside crews or in pairs as needed.
- Pitching stories regularly.
- Game streaming and capturing. Expertise with streaming and capture software is a must.
- Working collaboratively with Kotaku’s talented and video-savvy bloggers to bring the video quality to the next level.
- Working collaboratively with other GMG sites (Jezebel, Deadspin, Jalopnik, Gizmodo and Lifehacker).