Parenting Writer, Lifehacker
Lifehacker, Gizmodo Media Group’s lifestyle site with 14 million monthly users, is looking for a parenting writer.
The ideal candidate is super-curious, as interested in the latest techniques in sleep-training as they are in evangelizing about the best diaper pail. They can explain in a way that's entertaining and engaging stuff that might, in lesser hands, come off as boring. They have strong opinions; a witty, conversational writing voice; and an unstinting editorial eye.
They should be completely comfortable with the editorial process—from pitch to publication to promotion. If you are a go-to source for practical parenting advice, one who geeks out over bath time hacks and safety gadgets, one who has big ideas on how to end picky eating or make a birds-and-bees conversation 30% less awkward, we’d like to talk to you.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least 2 years of experience in writing about parenting for a fast-paced digital publication
- Be organized and detail-oriented, with a clear, authoritative writing voice
- Respond nimbly to cultural and news events with related stories
- Be capable of turning around stories ranging from short news pieces to
- longer features at a quick pace